7 Signs You Need a Commercial Roof Replacement
Commercial roof replacement might seem like a daunting task, but it’s important to remember that the health and safety of your employees and customers depends on it.
Here are seven signs that it’s time for a new roof.
- The roof is past its expected lifespan. While a lot of factors go into determining the lifespan of a commercial roof, most last between 20 and 30 years before they need to be replaced. If your business has been operating for longer than that, it might be time to start thinking about a new one.
- Your roof is leaking. Leaks are a sure sign that your roof is starting to wear out. Even if the damage doesn’t seem serious at first, it can lead to bigger problems down the road. If you notice stains on your ceiling or walls, or if the inside of your business is wet even when it hasn’t rained recently, contact a roofing contractor right away.
- The roof is sagging. One of the most obvious signs that your roof needs to be replaced is if it starts sagging. This is usually a sign of structural damage and means that the roof can collapse at any moment. This is especially true if the sagging is significant or if there are any cracks or holes in the roof. If you see any sagging, it’s important to call a professional right away.
- The shingles are curling. If you see any shingles that have started curling or buckling, they’re likely reaching the end of their life. Curling shingles are a sign that the foundational material of your roof is starting to fail, which can lead to leaks and other serious problems. While this doesn’t necessarily mean that the whole roof needs to be replaced, it’s a good idea to have a professional take a look. They can assess the damage and determine whether or not you need a commercial roof replacement.
- Your energy bills have gone up suddenly. If you’ve noticed that your energy bill has spiked dramatically in recent months or even weeks, it could be due to a number of factors, one of which might be your roof. A commercial roof replacement may help you save money in the long run.
- The roof is damaged. If it’s easy to spot damage on your roof, there’s a good chance that it’s been like that for some time and has only gotten worse over time. Even if the damage doesn’t seem significant, it can still lead to serious problems down the road.
- You’re not sure how old the roof is. If you’re unsure of how old your roof is, it’s always better to err on the side of caution and replace it sooner rather than later. Even if it turns out that the roof is in good condition, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
In addition to these seven signs, you might also want to consider replacing roof if any of the employees or customers at your business suffer from allergies or asthma, as having a leaky roof can exacerbate those issues. Your commercial roof plays an important role in keeping your business safe and secure, so don’t hesitate to contact a roofing contractor if you suspect that it’s time for a replacement. You’ll be glad you did!
EarthRise Roofing & Siding
201 King of Prussia Rd Suite 650, Radnor, PA 19087, United States